SLAA Fellowship World Services has extensive resources to help start a new SLAA meeting
- Group Starter Kit.pdf
- Editable Sample Meeting Format.rtf
- Register a new group with SLAA Fellowship World Services
- List your new meeting on this site
SLAA HOW Meeting Starter Kit
Our 12th step encourages us to “carry the message of recovery”. And there’s no better way to do that than to start a fresh SLAA meeting.
We encourage you to try — and our traditions tell us that
Any two or more persons gathered for mutual aid in recovering from sex and love addiction may call themselves an SLAA group, provided that as a group they have no other affiliation.The Twelve Traditions of SLAA
To get started, we strongly encourage you to read the chapter on “Starting an SLAA Group” in the SLAA Basic Text. From there, if you’re starting a SLAA HOW meeting, we suggest that you:
- Decide what rent you can afford – paying too much rent is one of the major challenges new meetings face. Organisations such as councils and churches may give discounts on their normal rent for 12 step meetings, but you’ll have to ask.
- Choose a venue – public or private. Try looking at where other 12 step fellowships hold their meetings to get ideas.
- Choose a date and time. Keep in mind the 4th tradition and try not to have a negative impact on existing meetings.
- Inform SLAA Australia of your new meeting here.
- Appoint someone to connect with an intergroup.
- Find new members for your meeting, by making contact with local rehabs, therapists and churches.
The following links may be useful for setting up your meeting:
Below are links to pdf’s of the 7 Core Documents frequently used in SLAA Meeting:
- The Twelve Steps of SLAA
- The Twelve Traditions of SLAA
- The SLAA Preamble
- The 40 Questions for Self-Diagnosis
- The Signs of Recovery
- The Characteristics of Sex and Love Addiction
- 12 Recommended Guidelines for Dealing with the Media
PLEASE NOTE: We are not a registered charity. We do have Australia-wide public liability insurance, which your landlord may require a copy of. You can find that here.