What is Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous?
The only qualification for SLAA membership is a desire to stop living out a pattern of sex and love addiction. SLAA is supported entirely through the contributions of its membership and is free to all who need it.
To counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction, we draw on five major resources:
- Sobriety. Our willingness to stop acting out in our own personal bottom-line addictive behavior on a daily basis.
- Sponsorship / Meetings. Our capacity to reach out for the supportive fellowship within SLAA.
- Steps. Our practice of the Twelve Step program of recovery to achieve sexual and emotional sobriety.
- Service. Our giving back to the SLAA. community what we continue to freely receive.
- Spirituality. Our developing a relationship with a Power greater than ourselves which can guide and sustain us in recovery.
As a fellowship SLAA has no opinion on outside issues and seeks no controversy. SLAA is not affiliated with any other organizations, movements or causes, either religious or secular.
We are, however, united in a common focus: dealing with our addictive sexual and emotional behavior. We find a common denominator in our obsessive/compulsive patterns, which transcends any personal differences of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We need protect with special care the anonymity of every SLAA member. Additionally we try to avoid drawing undue attention to SLAA as a whole from the public media.
The SLAA Preamble©1985, 2003, 2012 The Augustine Fellowship, SLAA, Fellowship-Wide Services, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
If you have a desire to be free from Sex and Love addiction you may find it helpful to attend one of the local, online or phone meetings listed that is convenient for you. All SLAA meetings welcome newcomers – you can just show up.
To start with we recommend taking the 40 questions for sex and love addiction questionnaire and reading the 12 Characteristics of Sex and Love Addiction .
This guide to beginning recovery may help you get acquainted with SLAA, whether or not you have access to a local meeting.
- Sex and Porn addiction
- Love addiction, romantic obsession, co-dependent relationships, fantasy addiction
- Anorexia -Sexual, Social, Emotional
- Language of SLAA recovery
- Beginning Recovery
- 40 Questions for Self-Diagnosis
- 12 Characteristics of Sex and Love Addiction
- Find a face-to-face, online or phone meeting
- 12 Steps of SLAA
- 12 Traditions of SLAA
- 12 Promises of SLAA
- 12 Signs of SLAA Recovery
- Audio recordings from various SLAA events
- The HOW Program